Health, Safety & Environment
In partnership with Anadarko, we manage and operate our assets in a manner consistent with Anadarko’s core values in order to protect public health and safety and comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations and standards.
We and Anadarko continually seek ways to enhance our operations in the areas of health, safety and the environment. For example, Anadarko earned LEED Certification and the EPA’s Energy STAR designation for efforts to conserve energy at its headquarters and other facilities.
A safety-first culture is a way of life at Western Gas and Anadarko. Whenever we undertake a new project, we work to understand the potential environmental and cultural impacts on the surrounding area. We then create a plan that appropriately balances the need for new energy development and innovative technologies and processes to protect human health and the environment. Fundamental to our and Anadarko’s operating philosophy is a commitment to adhere to the strictest applicable standards, whether they are found in state regulations, federal regulations, Anadarko’s own policies and principles, or industry best practices.
Anadarko works hard to make a positive difference by:
- Participating in wildlife studies to understand migration patterns of wildlife and to preserve habitats
- Developing drilling techniques that reduce the surface area occupied by our facilities
- Developing comprehensive water-management plans that conserve water and eliminate significant truck traffic and associated emissions
- Creating new wetlands that maintain viable fisheries and provide much-needed water for wildlife
- Finding ways to proactively reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Please visit www.call811.com before you dig for more safety information.